An Andrew Scheer government will make balancing the budget a top priority. Justin Trudeau's failure to balance the budget means higher taxes down the road and less protection against the next economic downturn. Conservatives will get Canada's finances under control so that we can lower taxes.
The very first act of an Andrew Scheer government will be to eliminate Justin Trudeau's Carbon Tax.
Tax-Free Home Heating
An Andrew Scheer government will remove the GST from home energy. This will save the average household in Ontario $113 per year.
An Andrew Scheer government will lower taxes, cut red tape for Canadian businesses and help Canadians get ahead.
An Andrew Scheer government will reintroduce the Supporting New Parents Act and put more money back in the pockets of hardworking families. The Supporting New Parents Act will remove federal income tax from EI maternity and EI parental benefits by providing a non-refundable tax credit for any income earned under these two programs. A non-refundable tax credit amounts to a 15% tax rebate on these benefits.
An Andrew Scheer government will close the loophole in the Safe Third Country Agreement, regain control of our borders, and prioritize the world's most vulnerable.
An Andrew Scheer government will champion a west to east pipeline and support responsible resource development across the country.
Andrew Scheer has laid out his three-part plan for A Safer Canada, which includes:
Cracking Down on Gangs by:
- Ending automatic bail for gang members.
- Identifying gangs in the Criminal Code.
- Revoking parole for Gang members.
- Tougher sentences for ordering gang crime.
- New sentences for violent gang crime.
Ensuring Gun Laws Target Criminals by:
- Prison time for knowingly possessing a smuggled gun.
- Tracking "straw purchases".
- Create a CBSA Firearms Smuggling Task Force.
- Temporary gun seizures for detained mental health patients.
- Lifetime firearms ban for violent and gang criminals.
- New penalties for selling guns to prohibited users.
- New tools for police to solve gun crimes.
Equipping Police to Protect by:
- New funding to fight gangs.
- Create a Police Infrastructure Grant Program.
- Better information sharing to solve gun crimes.
- Stronger background checks for gun licenses.
- More support to keep young people from joining gangs.
- Making prison time meaningful.